December 3, 2005
e-mail to: Evan Morris
- jeff minter rides again
- who knew what tempest 2000 on the atari jaguar would start?
- sure, jeff minter had designed light synthesizers before. apple realized the allure of the light synth and coded the visualizer for itunes.
- vlm (virtual light machine) on the jag cd was my first experience with minter's pet project (besides the algorithms in t2k), and i've loved the light synth ever since.
- not to worry, though--microsoft is one-upping everyone and packing in quite a treat by the name of NEON in the xbox 360.
- here's the history of the virtual light machine and its current iteration as NEON (360 firmware):
- and, i still wish i would have remembered my personal copy of t2k when i met jeff at the first e3 in 1995...i had planned on bringing it for him to sign :(
- read up and start begging for that 360!
[Back to Homepage Archive]
[Back to Homepage]